Sunday, September 30, 2012

This is the end

Well it is sad to say but this will be the end of my hyperemesis blog.  I have had 4 hyperemesis baby's.  My first in 2004 (a little girl, 8lbs 15oz), my second in 2006 (a little girl 8lbs 11oz), my third in 2009 (a little girl 8lbs 14oz), and my last Sept 2012 (a little boy 9lbs 9oz).  I have had 2 picc lines, 100's of IV's, and all 4 were zofran baby's.  This journey in life was unexpected and sad.  I think I would have at least one or two more if it was not for hyperemesis.  But I am happy to say I fought and beat hyperemesis 4 times.  I know if I can do it anyone can do it.  It is worth the fight in the long run.  I know 40 weeks sounds like forever, but it is not and the end result is the most wonderful gift ever.

Feel free to leave comments on my blog with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you back.  I highly recommend reading the book, Beyond Morning Sickness, for more information.  I hope the journey I went through might help someone else with hyperemesis and I hope and pray for a cure one day.

7 comments:

Angie said...

You'll be back. ;)

Andria Thatcher said...

I'm also LDS, and also on my fourth HG baby. I'm six weeks along and have already had to get IVs four times now. The docs won't put a picc line in because of the risk for infection. I'm going crazy but I know the Lord will take care of me. Thanks for this blog. I ran across it when I most needed to realize that I'm not alone.

SARAH said...

Andria Thatcher.........prayers with you! You can do it, if I can I know you can! The Lord is with you! Feel free to e-mail me at sarah.stevens8@yahoo.com and I can help encourage you along the way!

SARAH said...

Angie.........you let me know when you are doing it again and we will chat :)

katie.b.busy said...

So glad you did this blog and that I found it! I have just one little girl and I had severe hyperemesis during my pregnancy. I'm in Australia and I must say that the ER nurses and Drs here are generally not at all sympathetic to HG. Also I don't think they ever do PICC lines or home care as far as I can gather from my doctors and health insurance. Maybe with some large doses of Zofran I could make it through another pregnancy, but the thought of all that vomiting again.... pretty unappealing! katbollen@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I AM NOT ALONE! Doing this second time and going crazy! I feel like nobody can understand what I am going through. I have 2 year old son that I can't look after. I am in bed all the time. Going to toilet is a disaster. My parents try to understand and help out with son but I am sure they mostly think I am taking a rest. I asked them just to help with vacuuming ( was so dirty, I never seen such a dirty house in my life!) husband is tired from working/looking after son and me doing nothing (sleeping/looking at laptop). He only one who gets how sick I am but he does get very angry at me/son with all the work he has to do at home/work , mother in law thinks I am keeping house dirty and that is what makes me sick. I can't clean! My house always clean when I am not sick. I want to cry, I hardly can take shower, how can I clean? I think hormones makes it worse, I feel like crying all the time, nobody understands that hyperemesis is 100 times worse than labour ( I did drug free labour with first one so I know what It is). My son suffers and doesn't understand why mum feeling so sick. feel so helpless and makes me even sadder that even close family think that I am taking a rest and excuse being pregnant. Please, give me hope that baby will be ok? My son suffers multiple food intolerances that first two years were hell, crying all the time and woke up every hour. My husband convinced that I happened because of me being sick. He doesn't want any more kids for that reason. Kids are my life! Being as sick as I am , I know it all worth it. It is very hard to be pregnant, every hour is very hard, day or night, but it all worth it! Feel helpless, misunderstood, alone. thanks for you blog, makes me feel so much better though. I wish people around could understand me.

SARAH said...

Feel free to email me