Tuesday, September 15, 2009

35.5 weeks! In the hospital!

Well, I thought we might have had a baby yesterday (didn't want to though). It has been a long 3 days. Friday I woke up not feeling good but did not know why. I took Lizzie to school and came home and laid down, I felt like I couldn't move. I was suppose to go visit my grandmother after I picked Lizzie up. So, before I left I called Grandma and told her I would be there and if she wanted me to pick her up something to eat on my way over.

As I drove to Lizzie's school I got really hot, and was seeing spots. I thought this was due to my blood sugar which I have problems with. I parked the car and prayed I could walk a few feet to Lizzie's classroom door without passing out. I made it to the classroom and had to sit down against a brick wall (I probably looked ridiculous) but I really thought I was going to pass out.

The night before I went to an Institute class where we are reading the Book Of Mormon, and we were talking about tender mercies. How God sends us tender mercies (in many different ways) (we might not realize it but they are always there) and sometimes we think we are alone but we are not. And when we need something God makes sure we are taken care of. Well, as I looked around with the world spinning there was 2 good friends close by and it made me feel comforted that if something happened or I need something they were right there to help (later they both informed me to call them and they can take care of Liz and not to come to the school....I should have done that). I thank God for tender mercies and friends that are always wiling to help and care.

I made it back to the car, I called Grandma and said I had to go home. I went home and went straight to bed. I started having about 10 contractions an hour until Saturday morning. Saturday I felt better, but not 100%, Brad and I went on a hospital tour and we left the kids for the first time with a babysitter (I didn't even cry). During the tour I was having contractions, Brad said I should get checked out, but I didn't. Brad and I went on a date for lunch and had a great time. Later that evening Brad did yard work and I started feeling dizzy again, so I laid down and slept the rest of the day.

Sunday was not so bad, during Sacrament meeting at church I got hot (Which isn't unusual) and had to go out and get fresh air and that cleared the dizziness I was having. Sunday evening I was able to go visit my grandmother finally.

Then Monday I woke up with contractions, Brad convinced me to call the doctors. So, I did. They told me since I wasn't 36 weeks and having contractions I had to go to the hospital. I didn't mention the dizzy spells because I thought that was related to my blood sugar. I was more concerned about the contractions, and I thought the contractions were making me feel sick. I went tot he hospital I was still only dilated 1 centimeter and the doctor said if I was to go into full labor they would not stop it, and to go home and see what happens. A useless drive to the hospital.

So, I was getting ready to leave and the doctor wanted my vitals. Well my blood pressure was high, I think 145 over 85 (I run like 90 over 40), which is very high for me and my pulse was like 130, I guess it is suppose to be like 80 (I don't know). So the doctor told me to get back into bed they needed to run tests, so there I laid for a few hours. She asked about dizzy spells and seeing spots which I admitted to and she was not happy. They finally let me go home!!!!!!!!!

So....now she said I am on strict bed rest (ya right...she doesn't know me too well...clearly!), I have to go to the hospital twice a week for monitoring and to the doctors once a week, so I have to be gone 3 times a week for tests....she said it wouldn't last long because they will probably take the baby soon. If my blood pressure keeps going up that will be the only option. I really wanted an October baby, I have a lot going on the rest of this month, but as long as the baby is born after 36 weeks which will be this Saturday I will be happy. We will know more this Friday because they are going to check my fluid the baby is floating in to see if I have enough, and run some more tests. If those come back bad they can take the baby Saturday. If they come back good then I think I will have the baby in 6-8 weeks (that is my guess). Watch it will be a November baby!

No comments: