Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday...doctors!

I went to the doctors today and I gained 2 pounds in a week! My blood pressure was elevated but not high. The baby moved and is sticking her butt against my stomach, which is making me look large, so indeed I measured 37 weeks (compared to 33 weeks last week). Which looks good, the doctor felt the baby and said the baby was under 5 pounds, I said we will have to wait and see I bet it will be a 9 pound-er! They did the beta strep B tests last week and I was not worried because I did not have it with the other 2, and the tests came back positive...can't anything go right here? The doctor said it is not an STD (I already knew that), I said, "Good thing or my husband would have some explaining to do!"...HA HA HA! She went over how women and men are carriers of the bacteria, and it doesn't affect them but it can infect the baby so during labor I have to have 2 doses of IV antibiotics 4 hours apart to help protect the baby. So, as soon as I am in labor I have to go to the hospital so there is enough time to get both doses. Everything else looked good!

No comments: