Monday, April 6, 2009

Picture of my Picc line in my arm



This is a double lumen picc line. Meaning I have two tubes that stick out. One tube is for IV hydration with vitamins. The other tube is for the drug zofran so it is pumped into me 24 hours a day. I use saline syringes to flush the line to keep them clot free. I am a nurse and didn't even know it! My dressing gets changed once a week by my home health care nurse. The blue tube you see in the picture that goes into my arm is very long and goes from my arm up to my shoulder into my chest and sits right above my heart.. Sounds bad I know, but I can not feel it in my arm or my chest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm from Michigan. I am suppose to go and get one of these tomorrow and from reading the stuff on the internet have gotten really scared!!!!They talk about all of the risk and no one talks about the end results.

SARAH said...

To the person from Michigan e-mail me, my e-mail is poison82@juno.com

Let me know how the procedure went, it is worth it, I promise!