Monday, February 6, 2012

Pregnant Women

So, my home healthcare nurse is pregnant and due at the end of April.  I clearly knew she was pregnant but she never said anything to me and I have never asked.  Last time she came she was training a new nurse and she asked when she was going on maternity leave.  The nurse looked down and you could tell she did not want me to know.  I was excited for her and talked about what she was having.  She said she does not like to tell her patients who are as sick as me that she is pregnant because one lady told her she hated women who have healthy normal pregnancies.  I told her I do not feel that way, and  I don't!  I do not wish anyone to have what I have.  I think it is great when women have normal pregnancies and are not sick!  More power to you!  The thing I do hate though, and I have to put it out there....... is women who have mild morning sickness, or their backs hurt a little, or they get one UTI, or their ankles are swollen and they whine about it like the world is ending, really?  Come on, give me a break!

No comments: